The athletic program is an integral part of the total educational process at Bergen County Technical High School District. Young people learn a great deal through their participation in interscholastic athletics. Determination, perseverance, sportsmanship, communication, and teamwork are some of the valuable attributes that can be attained through athletic participation. Athletics plays an important role in helping the individual student develop a positive self-concept as well as a healthy body. Athletic competition fosters school spirit and develops pride in the school and community for participants, students and spectators. Student-Athletes will leave our athletic programs with the readiness to be active participants in today's global community.
Through athletics we seek to provide a wholesome form of physical activity for as many students as possible. We will make every effort to offer our student-athletes the best in equipment, facilities, and coaching, in order to provide them with an enjoyable and rewarding athletic experience. While the reputation of our school and community is enhanced whenever its representatives excel, by far the greatest rewards and satisfactions are derived by the number of students who actually participate on our athletic teams.
We believe that the soul of our school can be reflected in what occurs before and after the normal academic day. This extension of the school day, whether it be in athletics, in the arts, or in clubs will set the tone for the school year. If we can keep students involved and concerned beyond the classroom, we are bound to have a more positive effect on them in the classroom. We are aware of the tremendous obligations we have as coaches and administrators to the student-athletes in our care. Parents entrust their children to us and we shall always strive to strengthen that bond.
Students at the Academies play on sports teams with students from Bergen County Technical Schools'Teterboro and Paramus campuses. Bergen Tech Athletics compete in the Big North conference and the NJTAC. Our teams compete at the varsity, junior varsity, and freshman levels.
- Football–Varsity, Sub-Varsity
- Boys/Girls Soccer–Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman
- Boys/Girls Cross Country–Varsity
- Girls Tennis–Varsity and Junior Varsity
- Girls Volleyball–Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman
- Boys/Girls Basketball–Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman
- Boys/Girls Bowling
- Boys/Girls Fencing
- Boys/Girls Indoor Track
- Baseball–Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman
- Softball–Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman
- Boys/Girls Golf
- Boys/Girls Lacrosse–Varsity and Junior Varsity
- Boys Tennis–Varsity and Junior Varsity
- Boys/Girls Track–Varsity
- Boys Volleyball–Varsity and Junior Varsity
- Girls Tennis- N.J.S.I.A.A. State Sectional Champions
- Boys Soccer - N.J.T.A.C. Champions
- Fencing - N.J.S.I.A.A. Overall State Champions, B.P.F.L. Champions, B.C.W.C.A. Champions
- Girls Bowling N.J.S.I.A.A. State Sectional Champions, Liberty Division Champions, N.J.T.A.C. Champions
- Girls Golf - Big North Liberty Division Champions,
- Boys Tennis - Big North Liberty Division Champions
- Boys Golf - Big North Liberty Division Champions
- Boys Volleyball - Big North Liberty Division Co-Champions